Welcome to CDTFC’s Resource Page. There is an abundance of information on the web about tobacco use, treatment, and prevention. We’ve provided the following information and links to help you navigate to information of interest from reputable sites. The information we’ve provided is not intended to be inclusive or exhaustive.
Surgeon General’s Reports on Smoking and Tobacco Use
Other National Resources/Organizations
New York State Resources
New York State Tobacco Control Program
For New York State specific surveillance data, topical reports and independent evaluation reports, click here.
- New York State Smokers’ Quitline 1-866-NY-QUITS (1-866-697-8487) Free and confidential evidence-based cessation services to New York residents who want to stop tobacco use.
- For help with quitting vaping, teens and young adults (ages 13-24) can text “DROPTHEVAPE” to 88709 to join This Is Quitting, a free texting support program. Parents can also text “QUIT” to 202-899-7550 to receive daily advice to help youth quit. Visit truthinitiative.org/thisisquitting to learn more.
- Virtual The Butt Stops Here Program – A 7 week FREE online group tobacco cessation program, a collaborative public health initiative of St. Peter’s Health Partners. Each group meets once per week with a trained facilitator. To register or for more information, email ButtStopsHereNY@gmail.com.
Other State Resources/Organizations
Community Survey Results
- 2020 – Tobacco Usage Community Survey.
- 2017 – Tobacco Usage Community Survey.
- 2015 – Tobacco Usage Community Survey An investigation of smoking behavior, and attitudes towards tobacco use and advertising among Albany, Schenectady, and Rensselaer County residents.
- 2013 – Opinions on Smoking Issues in the Counties of Albany, Rensselaer, and Schenectady.
- 2011 – Opinions on Smoking Issues in the Counties of Albany, Rensselaer, And Schenectady.
- 2010 – Survey of Property Owners’ Tobacco Use Policies Counties of Albany, Rensselaer, Saratoga, Schenectady, Warren and Washington.
- 2009 – Opinions on Smoking Issues in the Counties of Albany, Rensselaer and Schenectady.
Tobacco-Related Disparities Reports